The egg curry recipe is an easy and simple curry recipe that can be made in less than 40 minutes if you have all the ingredients ready. This curry recipe is a delicious spicy preparation of the healthy eggs in an onion garlic ginger and tomato based gravy. It makes a delightful dinner or a Sunday mealtime when served along with steamed rice and chapati and raita.
There are several different ways for preparing egg curry recipe, and this curry recipe is South Indian in origin. Serve Curry recipe with a vegetable side dish and with rice.
Don’t miss: Vegetarian rolls chapati recipe
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup of Onion
- 1 cup of Tomato
- Curry leaves
- 3 r 4 Green chilies
- ½ cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- ½ Tbsp Chili powder
- ½ Tbsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tbsp Coriander powder
- ½ Tbsp Cumin powder
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- First take a pan add oil, heat it and add chopped onions and fry a bit and then add chopped curry leaves and green chili and fry well until golden brown.
- Then add the ginger and garlic paste, fry for a few seconds. Now add chopped tomatoes, and then cook on low flame until tomatoes are mushy, and all moisture has evaporated.
- Next add the cumin powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook for a few seconds.
- Now break the eggs and drop into the mixture, then add about a half cup of water and simmer gently on low flame. Close the lid for about 7 to 8 minutes until the egg is cooked properly. (If you require more gravy, then feel free to add more water to the consistency you need it.)
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves, if necessary add 2 or 4 drops of the lemon juice. Stir well, and serve warm with the garnish of your choice.
This Egg Curry recipe tastes good with chapati and rice too.
Don’t miss: Delicious potato soup for potato lovers