Potatoes darling salt, so if you are using homemade stock that isn’t well veteran, you’ll need to add extra to this soup to make up the variance.It’s time to start making more soup recipes as now the cold weather is returning. Here’s a perfect potato soup for potato lovers.
Baked potato soup, made with pureed up baked potatoes, celery, onion, and stock, mashed and drizzled with baked potato toppings like the crispy bacon, sour cream, chives, and cheese. It’s the best way for using up leftover baked potatoes too.
Don’t miss: Healthy and tasty oatmeal cookie recipe for kids
- Eight medium potatoes
- ¼ – pound thick sliced bacon
- One large onion, finely chopped
- Two ribs celery, finely chopped
- One teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 to 4 Tbsp cream (optional)
- Crumbled crispy bacon
- Sour cream
- For Baked potato soup, Clean and poke potatoes with the peeling knife Place on a roasting sheet and bake it, at 410°F for 1 hour, until it’s easily cut through with a knife. Take away and let it cool enough to handle. Slice them in half so that it gets cool faster.
- Slice the bacon into thick lardons and cook in a large, thick-bottomed Dutch oven on medium heat until the bacon starts to browned and crisp. Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the chopped celery and onion to the remaining bacon fat in the pan.Cook this for about 5 minutes on high flame, then lower the flame to low and cover the pan. Let cool slowly on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cool enough to handle, then add it to the cooked celery and onion mixture. Add a teaspoon of kosher salt. Bring the soup to a smolder and reduce the flame to low. Use a masher to mash the cooked potatoes into the fine stock.
- Cook the potato soup for a while, then use a blender to mash about half of the soup if you want a slightly lumpy soup or mash all of it if you want a quite smoother soup. Add and stir 3 to 4 tablespoons of cream into the soup if you need a softer or creamier soup. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Finally, Ladle the Baked potato soup into the serving bowls and drizzle with sour cream, crumbled crispy bacon, chives, and grated cheese to sprinkle on top for an excellent appearance.
Enjoy the taste and creamy potato soup.
Don’t miss: Best ideas for decorating cake.