Banana Bread Pudding recipe is a very easy recipe to throw together and needs nothing more than a bowl and a whisk – no solemn duty mixing equipment needed. I know many people are uncertain to set alcohol on fire, in that case, I would moreover leave the rum out of the sauce or stir it in a half teaspoon or so of rum excerpt once the rest of the sauce is finished.
Don’t miss: chocolate banana pudding
For the Banana Bread Pudding recipe:
- Three eggs
- Two egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One cup ripe bananas, pureed or finely mashed (about 2 medium size bananas)
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1¾ cups heavy cream
- One large French bread loaf (about 5-6 cups torn up)
For the Bananas Foster Sauce:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Two bananas, sliced
- Three tablespoon rum
- Preheat the oven to 320°.
- In the bowl combine the eggs and egg yolks and whisk until foamy.
- Add in nutmeg, banana puree, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add ground sugar and brown sugar, whisking until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in cream and whisk until combined.
- Add bread pieces to this egg mixture. Mix this with a spoon or spatula until the bread has absorbed most of the custard mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking plate. Let set for 30 minutes.
- Place bread pudding in a slightly pan and add about half cup of hot water to the pan to make a water bath.
- Bake this for about 1 hour, or until the custard is no longer runny. Serve it warm with the Bananas Foster Sauce.
- To prepare the Bananas Foster Sauce: Heat a large skillet over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and butter and cook, constantly stir it, just until sugar begins to melt into butter.
- Add then banana slices. Moving this skillet back and forth, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the three tablespoons rum. Return the pan to the stove & tilt the pan to ignite the rum.
- After the alcohol burns off, then add the cream. Whisk to make sure it is fully integrated.
Finally, Banana Bread Pudding recipe is ready to serve. Enjoy eating it..:-)
Don’t miss: Banana Bread Recipe